Causes of Joint pain
Whoever believes the stereotype that only old people have joint problems is hugely mistaken. Our lifestyle is clearly reflected in our joints. Oftentimes we are faced with joint pain or arthritis, which can have many different root causes:
- Arthritis such as osteoarthritis (degenerative joint disease or “wear and tear” arthritis)
- Gout (type of arthritis caused by a buildup of uric acid in the joints)
- njuries and certain muscle diseases
- Unhealed infectious diseases
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Immune disorders
- Allergic reactions
Joint pain is not just a problem of the old which derives from arthritis, gout, etc
Joint pain symptoms
The most common cause of pain which affects millions of people worldwide is arthritis, more specifically osteoarthritis. Joints become acutely or chronically inflamed thus leading to severe bone wear in the joint. This happens due to lack of synovial fluid production in the joint capsule, leading to friction in between each bone, which in time makes them wear down. If the bones rub in together without the protective cartilage buffer, they hurt and damage each other. This is why osteoarthritis pain occurs mainly when we are in the movement. Joint capsules shrink and the joint stiffens, thus leading to painful and limited movement.
All joints are prone to develop this disease, but larger ones like knee, hip or shoulder joints, are more likely to be affected. Also spinal joints tend to be afflicted in many cases.
Usually osteoarthritis evolves from unbalanced body position on the joints or hereditary predisposition.
How can acupuncture treat your joint pain?
Maple Acupuncture Vietnam uses a gentle and powerful remedy to heal joint pain and the overall unhealthy conditions. Assuming the diseased joints are not completely shattered and still possesses even tiniest self-healing powers, astonishing improvements in joint wellness can be achieved by the help of acupuncture.
Acupuncturist refer to joint problems as “BI”, meaning painful obstruction. From an acupuncturist point of view, joint pain is viewed as a blockage of nourishing life energy in joints. The role of an acupuncturist is to regulate and set disturbed energy flow in balance. This is done by stimulation of the particular points that activate energy channels, which set the life energy flow free into joints in a smooth and unhindered manner. This in turn reduces joint pain and increases the quality of life.
joint pain is viewed as a blockage of nourishing life energy in joints; Maple Vietnam’s acupuncturists will help to set the energy flow free and relieve your pain by inserting needles in specific points which cause the pain
How can I prevent joint degeneration and pain?
- A balanced and healthy diet to ensure that the body gets the necessary nutrients
- Reduce weight, so the load is reduced on the joints
- Quit Smoking, so that the articular cartilage is better hydrated
- Increase your exercise routine so that enough synovial fluid inside the joint
- Strengthen specific muscles for a more balanced system
- Stretch the joints everyday properly: during standing, sitting and working for long periods of time
Come to Maple Healthcare Vietnam today to get a free consultation from one of our Acupuncture specialists. You will feel at ease and confident in your care with us.